Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Rapid City, Deadwood and Custer

Rapid City, we are here! We enjoyed our trip through Nebraska to Rapid City where we plan to see Deadwood, Mt. Rushmore, Crazy Horse monument and all the other sights. We were here about 15 years ago and there is so much more here now than before. We'll be here for 5 days before we move on to Ft. Abraham Lincoln in Mandan ND near Bismark where we will participate in a Living History there.Because of the rain everything is lush and green. The grass moves gently with the wind and looks like waves on the ocean. I think I would like to live in the areas we have traveled through. More to follow.

1 comment:

Mel said...

Sounds like you guys are having a wonderful time! Wish I was there! It's raining cats and dogs here and is supposed to continue through the weekend. I am hiking with a group on Sunday at Tom Jones Mountain (upstate NYC) and am praying the rain stops at least for Sunday. Going tubing down the Delaware River next Sunday! Looks like I got the outdoor adventure bug from my parents! Safe travels, guys!

XO,
Melissa