Sunday, May 30, 2010
Tombstone, Bisbee and Ft. Huchuca --Mining the Tourists
During our stay at Benson we drove down to Tombstone, the ultimate tourist attraction. It was actually very interesting. We toured the Courthouse museum, walked the old West street.
I found a shop that sold reproduction clothing of the 1880s and bought some patterns. I also stumbled on a clothing museum that was wonderful. It was in an original house that belonge to a Tombstone lawyer and the back porach had been converted to display the garments. There were many lovely things and the gentleman running it was very nice and appreciated my enthusiasm. He allowed me to take pictures but unfortunately with the glass cases and overhead lights, the glare did not allow good pictures.
We found that finding a tour such as the trolley we rode makes a good way to see and learn about the history of an area. All in all Tombstone was fun!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I liked you comment about "mining the tourists". Ann got her turtle (brace) yesterday and was sitting up some. She is not a happy camper. Bev
Post a Comment