Saturday, August 23, 2008

Durango August 23






We've arrived at beautiful and cool Durango, CO and pulled into our favorite campground on Lightner Creek where we have camped for many years. The dogs were good travelers but were glad to get out of the truck.












Each year that we came with the kids we took their pictures at this prop provided by the campground. Our two new kids had to have their picture taken there, too.


This is the view as you come into Durango. We went into town and wandered around. Lots of tourist and hippie type shops.










Chuck is standing by our trailer which is parked next to a gurgling creek. Tomorrow we ride the Durango Silverton train. It it a beautiful trip through the high country. Silverton is an old mining town which is very interesting. It takes all day. The next day we will go to Mancos to ride a stagecoach.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mom says she remembers going to Durango and how beautiful it was. I am sure Chuck will really enjoy the train ride. Glad to see that your "kids" are enjoying the trip too. Love the pictures.

9903 Photography said...

Thanks for sharing your adventures. I'm sure Albuquerque was beautiful and now Durango. I hope to stay caught up after next week with your travels.
Keep posting. I'm enjoying your pictures.