Monday, August 11, 2008

Trip Preparations

We are slowly but surely getting things ready to hit the road. Our trailer waits patiently as we make maps and reservations. We just got our reservation at the the Fishing Bridge campground in Yellowstone. We plan to go to Durango, then Ouray and Grand Junction, CO. After that we will spend a few days in Green River, WY where there is a Fur Traders Rendevous being held at the Ft. Bridger Park there. We will also stop and visit with a relative who lives there. I am looking forward to meeting him and his wife. After that, it is on to Brigham City, UT to see the Golden Spike NP as well as some other local attractions. As we pass through Idaho, we will look at a dinosaur bed National Park. Pendleton, OR is our first stop in Oregon where I hope to take a tour of the Pendleton Wool factory--ah, fabric. Then, traveling along the Columbia River we will move on to Portland. In this area, we plan to visit the Pacific Ocean and some of the Lewis and Clark sites like Ft. Clatsop. Next, we will head for Lacy, WA to see our son, Mike and be treated to a whirlwind tour of what sounds like a beautiful place. This is the first leg of our trip.

I have almost finished all my projects -- making and adjusting 4 living history dresses, creating a web site for a local quarter horse assn (http://www.remuda-quarter-horse-assn.org/index.htm) and getting ready for a technology training for Region 7 in Stanton. We will leave the next day for this trip. If you are reading this blog it is because I consider you special friends who could enjoy our experience with us. I hope you will be patient when my brain gets ahead of my hands and I leave out words or my spelling is wrong. I have chosen to create this blog because it will make me keep a journal each day and organize and record each day's experience. The slide show below which is now some quilt pictures will be pictures we have taken on the trip. Many of the campgrounds we will be staying at will have wireless Internet so we should be able to keep this up.

Almost ready..

1 comment:

BettyF said...

Good job on the website, which is nothing short of what I'd expect from you!
Reading your blog is going to be fun.